Cheryl Went Feral
I am grounded in color and elevated in unconventional absurdity, and am dedicated to connecting children to the power of a seriously playful yoga practice. Working in schools and playing with words, I discovered that students were far more connected to their daily lessons when they felt not only heard, but understood. Seen. Connected. Grounded.
The children at Fernbank Elementary asked me to teach them how to teach yoga. That initiated the creation of Grounded Kids Yoga: Quest For Elevation.
More of Yore:
- My spiritual name Cheryl Went Feral was given to me by my cat, Logic.
- Every 11 years something profound happens in my life~ at age 11 I knew without a doubt I wanted to be a teacher, at 22 I began teaching in Fulton County Schools and taught for 11 years until at 33 I gave birth to triplets. At 44 Anusara School of Yoga certified me and I brought the teachings into Grounded Kids. I can’t wait to see what happens at 55.
- My teenage triplet daughters broaden and deepen my inner landscape~ particularly the state of Love…and Patience…and Humility.
- I’ve learned how to learn from my students, and even though I certify many of them to teach, they in turn certify me to be more aware and more reflective.
- I’m dedicated to supporting and affirming school teachers and administrators.
- I get to work with my husband, Bruce is Now Loose. He is honest, genuine, hilarious and will do anything for anyone.
- I’m certified to teach Anusara, Kundalini, Correlation Vinyasa, Hot Core Power, YogaKids, and of course, Laughter Yoga.
- More about my trainings, public classes and lifestyle are here.
- Local ATL yoga centers including Peachtree yoga, Highland Yoga, Westside Yoga and Ebb and Flow Yoga invite me to teach Kundalini, Children’s Yoga and Chakras at their 200 hr and 500 hr trainings.
- I get to keynote and present at the National Kids Yoga Conference each year.
- I am great and grateful to have trained under Marsha Wenig, John Friend, Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, Harijiwan, Tej, Gina Minyard, Desiree Rumbaugh, Christina Sell and Paul Muller-Ortega and I continue to study with whole-hearted teachers.
I work on standing -under so I can under -stand.
“Thank you Cheryl for being a phenomenal partner to AIB, as well as a visible champion for SO many deserving youth.” Audrey Galex, producer AIB Network